WALKING IN FINANCIAL DOMINION
A lot of Christians have not lived to exercise their financial dominion yet. They do not know that God has conferred on them the rights to be prosperous. In Genesis 1:26-28, after God creating man in His own image and likeness, He instructed and blessed man to be fruitful, multiply, replenish the earth and subdue it, and have dominion over every living thing that moves upon the earth. This means God desires to see His children prosper. It is wrong to think that God does not take delight in the prosperity of His children. In 2 Corinthians 8:9, bible teaches us that ‘’for ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.’’ What then does it mean for one to walk in financial dominion?
To walk in financial dominion simply means to be in the position to meet all your needs and wants as and when they arise. It also means being prosperous at everything you set your mind to do.
HOW TO WALK IN FINANCIAL DOMINION
1. Seek God- devoting your life and resources in seeking God is the first thing to do so to walk in financial dominion. In Matthew 6:33, scripture reads that ‘’ but seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.’’ God rewards those who diligently seek Him. He did it for Abraham, Isaac, David, etc. and He will do it for you too. 2 Chronicles 26:5, Psalm 112:1-3, Ecclesiastes 5:19.
2. Destroy poverty mentality. Poverty is a mental problem, thus, needs to be destroyed immediately. You do not eliminate poverty when you continually pray, yet continue to harbour the thoughts of poverty in your mind. Proverbs 23:7.
3. You must behave rich. Your behaviour in life makes you attract your kind. When you behave rich, you’ll attract other rich people around you, and when you behave poor, you’ll definitely attract other poor people around you. It is as simple as that. You need to be cautious of this–that the moment you set your mind on becoming rich or successful, that moment requires an instant change to everything about you and that includes your behaviour.
4. Keep in mind that kingdom prosperity is not a miracle but a reward for honouring divine laws. Anytime you flee from sin, God rewards you. And He rewards you because you’ve honoured Him. Abstinence from sin is a honour to God and God rewards those who honour Him. 2 Chronicles 26:5.
REASONS WHY YOU MUST WALK IN FINANCIAL DOMINION
1. You need to walk in financial dominion so that the great commission will be fulfilled. When you exercise financial freedom then can you sponsor towards the preaching of the gospel to the ends of the world.
2. There is no dignity in poverty so you must do everything goodly possible to walk in financial dominion.
3. You must walk in financial dominion because your family must be comfortable.
4. God expects us to feed the poor.
5. Walking in financial dominion honours God.
Heavenly father, I thank You for Your word today. I indeed exercise my financial dominion in this month of July and every day after. In Jesus Christ name. Amen.