THE BELIEVER AND HIS/HER MONEY MATTERS
By : Prophet Daniel Kwame Dzikpor
Scripture Reference: Philippians 4:19, 2 Corinthians 8:9 & 12
Sunday, 16th, July, 2017
For a long time, the enemy has ensnared believers into thinking that having plenty money or working to earn money isn’t a good cause. But that’s a blatant lie. God doesn’t forbid His children from working to earn money in the right ways. In fact He takes delight in the prosperity of His children. The only problem with having plenty money is when you allow money to take control over your life. Again, our heavenly Father isn’t worried about blessing us with plenty money. His only problem perhaps would be that we’ll not continue to be loyal to Him when such blessings are bestowed upon us. What is money anyway?
Money is the legal tender which is accepted in a country for the transaction of business and payment of goods and services which have been rendered. With money, you can do many things. Today’s sermon would help disenchant any misperceptions created about money.
SIX LIES SAID ABOUT MONEY
1. Money is not important: One greatest lie said about money is that it isn’t important. How could you fall for this lie? How can we meet our numerous wants that stare us in the face if we don’t have money? Money is very important in ensuring the survival of man. And that’s why it is important you must work genuinely for its acquisition. See, without money there’s nothing you can do in this world. You need money to live a happy person. God takes delight in your prosperity. He wants you to take dominion over the earth, and that includes being blessed with riches. However, be cautious to not allow money to rob you of your salvation. Proverbs 14:20, Psalm 24:1, Luke 18:11, Mark 10:25.
2. Money is evil: Whoever told you that money is evil told you a lie. How can something made by God be considered evil? Money isn’t evil; desire it and God will surely bring it your way.
3. More money less problems or money solves all our problems: Having plenty money is good but that alone does not guarantee an automatic solution to all our problems. Although we’re admonished to work to earn money, that shouldn’t take away our love for God. When we allow that, that’s when our problems start. Ecclesiastes 5:10.
4. Some are gifted for wealth and others are destined to be poor. If you hold such view, this is the time to let go of it. Nobody was born to be poor. As said always, both poverty and riches start in the mind. Whether you become poor or rich depends on you. Feed your mind with good thoughts. Desire to be rich, be productive and diligent in the little field you find yourself and God will bring the increase. Proverbs 12:27.
5. God doesn’t want you to have money: This is another ugly lie said about money. How can God not want you to have money when He had said in Psalm 35:27 that He has pleasure in the prosperity of His servants? Everything on the earth was created by God. The silver and gold belong to Him and He always want us to have them. Philippians 4:19, 2 Corinthians 8:9 & 12.
6. There’s nothing you can do about your financial situation. Beloved don’t get eaten up by this lie too. God didn’t create you poor. He created all of us with a lot of unique ideas that when put in use can transform the world. Before He formed us He knew our capabilities. There is so much in you, put it to work. It is not the location that you find yourself but the spirit of the Lord that rests upon you that can change your financial situation.
In conclusion, poverty and riches both start from the mind. Cultivate a rich mind-set and you’ll experience the riches of God. God wants you to be rich so discard those negative mentality that makes you think you’re created or born poor.
Heavenly Father, I thank You for Your timely word. I’m happy that You have pleasure in my prosperity. I pray that You come through for me. Meet me at the point of my needs. Make me prosperous and continually bless with me ideas that would transform this world, in Jesus Christ name. Amen.