AND THE RICHMAN DIED AND THE POOR MAN ALSO DIED
If there’s a time we can turn over a new leaf, it is only when we’re alive. Life is spiritual therefore we ought to live it in that regard. The kind of life we live while on earth is what will usher us to the destination of heaven or hell. The above scripture tells a story about two people, a rich man and a poor man. Although a clear description was given on their states , Jesus Christ placed emphasis on the way they lived their lives while on earth. And whilst one ended up in heaven, the other ended up in hell. Today, we want to share eight lessons that could be picked from this story.
EIGHT LESSONS TO BE LEARNT FROM LAZARUS AND THE RICHMAN
• Everybody will die: It is wrong to think that not everyone will die. It is appointed for everyone to die once. And that’s the reason why we must live our lives in ways that are approved by God.
• There’s eternity: Everything does not end when we die. There’s actually judgment.
• Life doesn’t end on earth.
• There’s one rich man in heaven and there’s one rich man in hell: It’s wrong to think that poverty/riches is what will lead one to heaven or hell. It is rather our attitudes toward the way one makes his money that would lead him to heaven or hell.
• Even in eternity, you’ll still see, remember, talk, etc: When we die, it’s only our bodies that are buried. Our souls and spirits still live on to receive judgment from God. What this means is that we’ll still be able to communicate, think, etc, with other spiritual beings.
• If you don’t store for yourself treasures in heaven, your eternity will be disastrous: We must be heaven conscious and the things we do here on earth really count in that endeavor. We must give to support the kingdom of God.
• Where you go after life on Earth is dependent on how you live your life while on earth.
• Jesus is the only way, the truth and the life. There’s no other person to save us from eternal damnation but Jesus Christ.
Heavenly Father, we thank You for Your word. We ask that You let Your word cause us remembrance to what heaven holds for us. Strengthen us to live holy and pure always, in Jesus Christ name. Amen