THE TRUE WORSHIPER
Who do you consider the true worshipper? Is it the one who leads the church in times of praises and worship? Is it the one who when takes the microphone makes everybody have the feel of goose pimples? What’s worship anyway if I may ask?
Worship is the expression of reverence and adoration for a deity. Worship is to show respect and love for God especially by praying, having religious services, etc. You don’t need to be a worship. Leader before you can be a true worshipper. This dispensation has our God looking for people to worship Him truly in spirit. God wants all of us to worship Him in truth and in spirit. He does not want a selected few to do this. Every Christian is a worshipper and God wants us to live our lives in such regard.
FOUR THINGS TO NOTE FROM THE SCRIPTURE
1. We must be born again. The foundation of worship is salvation through Jesus Christ. True worship is done internally before it can be expressed externally. 2 Corinthians 5:5-9.
2. True worship must be in spirit and in truth John 4:23
3. True worship must not regard the place or situation, it must be done at all times regardless. You don’t have to wait to be in church or a worship concert before you get into the spirit of worship. It must become a lifestyle and everything should give you reason to worship God.
4. A true worshipper is a soul winner. If you find every cause to worship God in truth and in spirit, you must equally make it your utmost priority to get others do same. Winning others to Christ should be your inordinate desire. The woman at the well for instance didn’t keep it to herself when she met Jesus Christ. She went ahead to invite others to come and have a feel of Him also.
WHAT IT MEANS TO WORSHIP GOD IN TRUTH AND IN SPIRIT.
Worshipping in the spirit has nothing to do with our physical posture, instead it has everything to do with our innermost being.
1. We must be born again. Every born again Christian has the Holy Spirit and it is the Holy Spirit in us that energizes us to worship in truth and in spirit. It is the Holy Spirit that convicts us to accept Jesus as our Lord and personal Savior. And it is the same Holy Spirit who’ll direct and teach us to worship in truth and in spirit.
2. Worshipping in spirit requires a mind centered on God and renewed by truth. Romans 12:1-2. We cannot worship God in spirit and in truth when our minds are filled with filth. Instead we must be thinking about the word that we read. Our minds must be centered on heavenly things.
3. We can only worship in spirit by having a pure heart that’s open and repentant. 2 Samuel 11, and Psalm 32:3-4, and Psalm 51:17. God needs our hearts to be pure and to be repentant. Praise and worship towards God cannot come from an unconfessed heart.
4. Worshipping God in truth. To worship God in truth, we must understand what He has done and the only way we can understand His full revelations is by reading the Bible. If we want to know how truly God is we must study the Bible. John 17:17. You cannot call yourself a true worshipper if you don’t have the knowledge of God’s word in you. Psalm 119:142 & 160.
Heavenly Father, make me a true worshiper. Straighten my paths and repair me in areas that I am broken. Strengthen me so I can live pure and holy for You only, in Jesus Christ name I pray. Amen.