MEN OUGHT TO PRAY AND NOT FAINT
According to Oxford dictionary too, prayer is a solemn request for help or expression of thanks addressed to God or another deity. However, I’m short, prayer is communication between man and God, James 5:13-18.
Three Things the bible says about Prayer;
1. Watch and Pray. Matthew 26: 41.
2. Pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17.
3. We must pray for one another. Matthew 5:44, James 5:16.
REASON WHY WE SHOULD PRAY
1. It strengthens our relationship with God. Ephesians 3:14-19.
2. It helps to overcome temptation. Luke 22:40 & 46.
3. It helps us to determine God’s will for our lives.
4. It accomplishes God work on earth.
5. It is a weapon of spiritual warfare. 2 Corinthians 10:3-4
6. It is a prerequisite to spiritual awakening. 2 Chronicles 7:13-14.
7. Prayer is valuable to God. Revelation 5:8, Hebrews 7:25.
BENEFITS OF PRAYER
1. It draws us near to God
2. It brings light to darkness.
3. It changes us
4. It protects us
5. It brings breakthroughs in life.
Beloved, as Christians what should be part of us is prayers. In our endeavors, it should be one of the things we must never forget to leave out. The reason being that, that’s the easiest way we can talk to our Father about everything that concerns us in the walk of our Christian faith. Therefore I urge you to take on the prayer mantle as we continually express our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
Heavenly Father, we thank you for your word. We ask that You strengthen and also inculcate in us the behavior of praying in our day to day activities. For your word admonishes us in 1 Thessalonians 5:7 to pray without ceasing, in Jesus Christ name we’ve prayed, amen.