By : Pastor Jerry Panou
Scripture Reference: 3 John
Sunday, 20th, November, 2016
The kingdom of God is also a system of government. And just like any government, it also has systems of operations; one is the financial system. Another one too is the health system, if you like, call it the NHIS. The earth is God’s colony with human beings as custodians. Another name for God is Jehovah Rapha which means the Lord your healer. God is responsible for our good health.
5 REASONS WHY YOU MUST EXPERIENCE GOOD HEALTH
1. Good health is God’s desire, 3 John 2
2. Your body is the temple of God, 1 Corinthians 6:15-20, 1 Corinthians 3:16-17. Whoever tries to defile the temple of God, him He will destroy including sicknesses and diseases which defile the body.
3. Whoever keeps the commandments of God has a promise of good health from the Lord Proverbs 4:20-22, Deuteronomy 7:12-15, Jeremiah 33:6,
4. Jesus took away our infirmities and carried away our diseases. Sickness and diseases are one of the effects of sins but these were taken away when Jesus Christ died on the cross. If no sickness could strike Jesus down then no sickness could also strike the man who has the spirit of Christ in him. Matthew 8:17, Isaiah 53:1-5.
5. Sometimes, sicknesses and diseases are afflictions from the devil. Not all sicknesses are as a result of we not keeping our environments clean but many also are as a result of not keeping our spirits clean (strong). Reference? Jesus Christ many times cast out evil spirits (devil) from people who otherwise are known to have been sick, Job 2:7, Matthew 17:14-18
HOW TO EXPERIENCE GOOD HEALTH
1. Know your inheritance in Christ; in other words seek for knowledge, Hosea 4:6, Job 36:12
2. Believe it, confess it and live it. Whenever you combine knowledge and faith, you become an authority, whatever you decree manifests. Mark 9:23, Hebrews 11:1-3, Proverbs 16:24, Mark 11:23
3. Watch your diet, what you eat and what you drink. Don’t be forced to be on diet 1 Corinthians 10:31, Acts 27:34
4. Physical exercise-controls your weight, reduce your risk of cardiovascular diseases, reduce your risk of Type 2 diabetes and metabolic syndrome, reduce your risk of some cancers, strengthen your bones and muscles, it improves your mental health and mood, it improves your ability to do daily activities and prevents force and it increases your chances of living longer. 1 Timothy 4:8, Proverbs 5:23
5. Keep your environment clean, Matthew 12:43-45
6. Do regular medical check-ups to see how things are going in your system.
Heavenly Father, we thank you for your word this morning. We pray that You bless us to remain in good health now and forever, in Jesus Christ name, amen!