LETTERS TO THE CHURCH – LETTERS TO THE CHURCHES IN GALATIA
Having observed a subtle shift in the gospel of Jesus Christ, Apostle Paul was agitated to pen down some letters to the church, point of interest to today’s sermon is to the churches in Galatia. He realized that the church has been indoctrinated with the wrong set of beliefs. There were many infiltrators in the church, just as we see today, with the sole aim of distorting the gospel of the salvation of Jesus Christ to serve their parochial interests. However, Apostle Paul foreseeing the damage this could cause when allowed to continue with immediate effect brought the perpetrators to book. He admonished that as Christians we have the responsibility of studying the Bible for ourselves so as not to fall prey to these people.
20 THINGS TO NOTE FROM PAUL’S LETTER TO THE CHURCHES IN GALATIA.
1. Beware of people who pervert/corrupt/distort the gospel. Galatians 1:7-9
2. Our gospel must seek to please God and not man. Galatians 1:10
3. Success in ministry or your Christian life cannot be achieved by your human strength. 1 Samuel 2:9, Galatians 1:16
4. Preaching of the gospel must not be left to the novice. Galatians 1:15-18, 1 Timothy 1:2.
5. There are people who are against us today but will join us tomorrow. Galatians 1:21-24.
6. Success in ministry can be achieved through loyal followers and revelation. Galatians 1:2
7. The purpose of false teachers in the church is to send God’s people back into bandage and slavery. Galatians 2:4
8. The only way to silent false teachers is to teach the truth. John 8:32, Galatians 2:5.
9. For the gospel of Jesus Christ to thrive, fathers of the faith must embrace the younger ones God is raising. Galatians 2:9.
10. The poor also deserve to hear the gospel. Never think the gospel is for only the rich, the educated; the gospel is for everybody. Galatians 2:10, Luke 4:18.
11. We’re justified by faith and not works. In other words, you don’t become born again by your works. Galatians 2:16.
12. Christ is not a minister of sin. If you’re constantly living in sin and you don’t feel bad about it, then Christ is not in you. Galatians 2:17-21, Galatians 5:19-21.
13. Some people may begin in the spirit but end up in the flesh.
14. By faith we’re the seed of Abraham. Galatians 3:6-9.
15. We also receive the promises of Abraham by faith. Galatians 3:14.
16. Be rest assured that by faith you’re the children of God. Galatians 3:26-29.
17. Because we’re God’s children He has given us the spirit of His son. Galatians 3:6-7.
18. As a child of God you must put aside every form of idolatry. Galatians 4:8-11.
19. Be ready to suffer many things for the sake of the gospel. Galatians 4:12-14.
20. Those who live by the flesh will not inherit the kingdom of God. Galatians 5:19-21.
In the mighty name of Jesus I pray to cast away every spirit of darkness sent to influence the church. I pray for the church to continually stand as the embodiment of godly principles as espoused by the Bible. Amen