LETTERS TO THE CHURCH – LETTERS TO THE CHURCH IN EPHESUS
Beloved, last week we brought you a succinct presentation of Apostle Paul’s letter to the church in Galatia and how he addressed certain happenings in the church. Today, we present to you another letter he (Apostle Paul) wrote to the church in Ephesus.
The letter to the Ephesians is divided into two sections. Chapters 1-3 consist primarily of doctrinal teaching on how God planned our salvation from before the foundation of the world and what are some of the consequences of this plan. Then in chapters 4-6 Paul applies this doctrinal teaching by giving very detailed and specific applications on how we are to live as the people of God. He wanted to encourage them to live their lives worthy of the calling they had received. He wanted to show them that those who are saved must now begin to live distinctive lives here on earth.
In this letter, therefore, Paul gives very specific teaching on how we are to live our lives in the local church, in the world and in the home.
30 THINGSTO AND CONSIDER FROM THE LETTER TO THE CHURCH IN EPHESUS.
1. God has blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ Jesus. Ephesians 1:3
2. Before the foundation of the world, God chose us to be holy and without blame before Him in love. The topic of Holiness is not negotiable when it comes to your walk with God. Ephesians 1:4
3. God adopted us as His children through Jesus Christ. Ephesians 1:5.
4. In Christ we have redemption and the forgiveness of sins. Ephesians 1:7.
5. To be able to understand your place in Christ, you must pray for the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Christ. Ephesians 1:17-18.
6. Christ is above anything that has a name both in this world and in the world to come. Ephesians 1:20-21.
7. Christ is the head of the church. Ephesians 1:22-23, Ephesians 5:23
8. Before Christ we were dead in trespasses and sins. Ephesians 2:1-3.
9. Even though we were dead in sins God saved us by grace. Ephesians 2:r-5 & 8-9.
10. God raised us from our sins and placed us in heavenly places in Christ Jesus. Ephesians 2:6-7.
11. In Christ Jesus we were created onto good works. Ephesians 2:10.
12. Before Christ we had no hope and God in this world. Ephesians 2:11-12.
13. Through Christ we have easy access to God because He lives in us. Ephesians 2:18, 3:12.
14. The mystery of Christ is only understood by His spirit. Ephesians 3:4-5.
15. God created all things by Jesus Christ. Ephesians 3:9.
16. God is able to exceed our expectations, demands, and petitions. Ephesians 3:20.
17. Christianity is a vocation just like any other vocation. You must abide by its rules and regulations and also excel in it. Ephesians 4:1-2.
18. There’s only one God and that God is in all of us. Ephesians 4:6.
19. The gift of the spirit is for perfecting the church and not for profiting man. Ephesians 4:10-13.
20. Without the proper understanding and utilization of the gift of the spirit false doctrines will continue to thrive. Ephesians 4:14-15.
21. The old man (old nature) is corrupt. The new man is created in righteousness and true holiness. Ephesians 4:20-24.
22. It is the believer’s responsibility to put away the old man and put on a new man. Ephesians 4:24-25.
23. You can be in Christ and still give place to the devil. Ephesians 4:27-29.
24. You can grieve the Holy Spirit. Ephesians 4:30-31.
25. People who live by the flesh have no inheritance in the kingdom of God.
26. Obey your parents in the Lord and honor your father and mother. Ephesians 6:1-3.
27. It is the responsibility of the father to train their children in the Lord. Ephesians 6:4.
28. Respect authorities set over you. Ephesians 6:5-8.
29. Authorities must also treat people well knowing that they will be accountable to a higher authority.
30. Every Christian has automatically been enlisted into a wrestling match against principalities, forces, powers, etc in high places but victory is for those who out on the whole armor of God. Ephesians 6:10-17.
I strongly reaffirm my faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and I confess to live a holy and pure life to the glory of God. In Jesus Christ name. Amen.