LETTERS TO THE CHURCH – LETTERS TO THE CHURCH IN PHILIPPI
By : Pastor Jerry Panou
Scripture Reference: Philippians Chapters 1 - 4
Sunday, 21st, May, 2017
Beloved, it is yet another week of our series of Apostle Paul’s letters to the church. So far we’ve brought to your doorstep letters written to the churches in Galatia and Ephesus. Today, we bring you one he wrote to the church in Philippi.
Apostle Paul’s Letter to the Philippians is one that’s both dramatic and inspiring, but most significantly calls for Christian unity.
30 THINGS TO CONSIDER FROM THE LETTER TO THE CHURCH IN PHILIPPI.
1. God is a finisher; whatever He starts He is able to accomplish it. Philippians 1:6
2. Sincerity and lack of offence are excellent behaviors of the believer. Philippians 1:10.
3. Be filled with the fruit of righteousness. Philippians 1:11.
4. Bonds, afflictions, challenges, and difficulties rather contribute to the furtherance of the gospel. Philippians 1:7, 12:15.
5. Not everybody is preaching Christ with the right motive. Philippians 1:15-16.
6. There are genuine preachers who are preaching Christ out of love. Philippians 1:17.
7. However whether in pretense or in truth Christ is preached and we must rejoice. Philippians 1:18.
8. A Christian must be a living sacrifice. Philippians 1:20:22.
9. Death only benefits the individual but life benefits the body of Christ or the church. Philippians 1:23-24.
10. If you’re alive then your life must be useful to the church. Philippians 1:25-26.
11. The proof of your Christianity is when you’re alone. Philippians 1:27.
12. You are not called only to believe in Christ but also to suffer for Him. Philippians 1:30.
13. To be like Christ also means to suffer for Him. Philippians 2:1-2.
14. For the gospel to thrive we must be of one mind and of one spirit. Philippians 1:27.
15. Don’t be selfish because selfishness is not of God. Philippians 2:3-4.
16. Be humble because Christ is an epitome of humility. Philippians 2:5-9.
17. God exalts the humble. Philippians 2:9.
18. At the name of Jesus every knee must bow and every tongue must confess the Lordship of Jesus Christ. Philippians 2:10-11.
19. Obedience is the tool for working out your own salvation with fear and trembling. Philippians 2:12.
20. To shine as light in the world we must do things without murmurings and disputings. Philippians 2:14-16.
21. Those we send in ministry must be like us. Philippians 2:19-23.
22. In ministry a brother can be a son or/and servant but it takes humility. Philippians 2:25.
23. Sickness and diseases are not always a sign that God is not with you. Philippians 2:26-28.
24. Treat servants of the Lord with respect because they suffer many thief or the sake of the gospel. Philippians 2:29-30.
25. You’re safe and secured if you’ve been hearing the same things repeatedly. Philippians 3:1.
26. We have no confidence in the flesh because we worship God in the spirit. Philippians 3:3-8.
27. To be able to reach your goals in this life, you must forget about your past failures and successes in this world. Philippians 3:12-14.
28. There’s a price called the price of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Matthew 25:23, Philippians 3:14.
29. Those whose trust are in earthly things end up in destructions. Philippians 3:16-19.
30. Those things which you’ve heard, learned, received and seen, do them. Philippians 4:9
In conclusion, Christianity is a vocation, we must all learn the rules and be willing to apply them if we desire to receive the prize of the higher calling in Christ Jesus.
Lord Jesus, I reaffirm my trust and with the help of the Holy Spirit, the gospel of your salvation I’ll preach to the ends of the world.