LAY DOWN YOUR LIFE
To lay down one’s life means sacrificing his/her life for the propagation of the gospel of Jesus Christ; forgoing one’s personal agenda; placing God first in one’s life and placing the work of God before every other thing else. It can also mean remaining focus and not looking back at the things left behind. There’s no great satisfaction in anything else other than deciding to devote everything about one’s life to the things of God. And it is much easier to die than to lay down one’s life day in and day out with the sense of the high calling of God. As Christians and children of God, our sense of duty is fully realized in our sense of heroism through devoting everything we have for the sake of God.
HOW DO I LAY DOWN MY LIFE?
1. Forget about your past failures, defeats and falls in life because when you keep on dwelling in the past you remain there. Philippians 3:12, Luke 9:62.
2. Avoid distractions daily and put on the new man, and allow the new man to take control of you. Colossians 2:7-9.
3. Practise your vocation daily. Have the desire to read the word of God every time. Philippians 4:9.
4. By desiring His presence continually. Your willingness to go into the house of the Lord all the time must be enviable. Psalm 27:4, Hebrews 8:10.
5. Take up your cross and follow Jesus. You must learn how to carry your own cross/burden. Matthew 10:38.
WHY DO I NEED TO LAY DOWN MY LIFE?
1. You need to lay down your life because of the volume of work that needs to be done in the kingdom. There are still people out there who want to hear the gospel, and this becomes possible when you Jin in the train of soul winners. Matthew 9:37, Psalm 40:7, Romans 10:14-15.
2. God is always looking for someone to stand in the gap. He is always seeking a vessel to use for His glory.. Ezekiel 22:30, Matthew 10:39.
3. You need to lay down your life because very soon the world would pass away. 1 John 2:15-17, Psalm 37:1-2.
THE BENEFITS OF LAYING DOWN YOUR LIFE.
1. When you lay down your life, God blesses you with eternal life. Matthew 24:13, Revelation 2:25-26.
2. All that which you were chasing will follow you. Matthew 6:33.
3. You’ll get back all that you left for the sake of the gospel. Matthew 19:29.
4. You’ll hear of this word “well done thou faithful servant.” Matthew 25:23.
5. It speeds up your own process of growth in the Lord. Matthew 19:16-24.
In conclusion, you should by now understand that life’s short. There’s no better time to devote your life to Christ than now.
Lord Jesus, I thank You for Your word. I ask that You fill me with that same strength and love for the things of God. Strengthen me and let me remain focused on the things of God. In your name, I’ve prayed. Amen.