SEEKING THE LORD
The dispensation we are in has many things that could draw the Christian’s mind away from God. A clear example is how modern day work seemingly provides little time for the Christian to spend with his/her Maker. The Christian’s mind is attuned to the fact that in order for him/her to make ends meet more time must be devoted to the corporate world rather than the Maker’s House. But that’s a misperception crippling the minds of Christians. As a true Christian, all your time must be to seek after the Lord.
To seek after the Lord basically is to set your mind and heart on God. It could also mean consciously fixing or focusing your mind and affection on God, or seeking after His presence.
WHY DO I HAVE TO SEEK AFTER GOD?
There are countless reasons why you must endeavor to seek after the Lord. The notable ones amongst them are;
1. You must seek after God because nothing else matters. 1 John 2:15-17.
2. You must seek after God because He owns all things in the world. Psalm 24:1, 1 Corinthians 10:26, Deuteronomy 10:14.
3. You must seek after the Lord because when you seek after Him you’ll find Him. Deuteronomy 4:29.
4. You must the Lord because He is looking for you. Psalm 14:2.
5. You must seek after the Lord because He is your creator. Genesis 2:7, Psalm 63:1.
6. You must seek the Lord so you’ll know what to do. 1 Samuel 30:28, 2 Samuel 15:19.
7. You must seek the Lord because He rewards. Hebrews 11:6.
8. You must seek the Lord because He can easily get your attention at any time. Psalm 78:4.
9. You must seek the Lord because in Him is refuge, security and fortress. Psalm 78:2, Psalm 46:3.
10. You must seek God because He gives eternal life while the devil destroys life. John 10:10.
11. Seek God because He does great, unsearchable and marvellous things. Job 5:8.
12. You must seek God because He does good things to you always. Psalm 34:10.
HOW DO I SEEK AFTER GOD?
1. By seeking for His presence continuously—by creating an atmosphere of worship, seeking to be pure and holy in all your ways.
2. By going into the house of the Lord joyfully at all times.
3. By continually and constantly studying the word that gives life. John 6:63, John 8:32, 1 Corinthians 10:3.
4. Through prayer. Psalm 38:2, 2 Kings 20:2.
OBSTACLES IN SEEKING AFTER GOD
2. Continual dwelling in sin. 2 Corinthians 7:14
Our God is waiting on us to seek after Him daily in prayers and Bible studies. Seeking after the Lord leads to a blessed life, peace and joy.
Lord Jesus, please make my heart Your home. Let my whole life be to seek after You only, in your mighty name I have prayed. Amen.