HOW YOU CAN BECOME A STRONG CHRISTIAN
By : Pastor Jerry Panou
Scripture Reference: Ephesians 6:10
Sunday, 1st, January, 2017
Hello friends! We sincerely join the thousands who would love to welcome you to 2017. A year, we at Disciple Nations Church, have termed as our year of GREAT HARVEST. We strongly believe that in this year, if all due diligence is done, we shall reap bountifully in everything we do. In such regard, just as we many times did in the past year, we’re bringing you a series themed- How You Can Become A Strong Christian. We’re with the conviction that, for everything we’ve purposed in our hearts to achieve in this year, they’d be possible only when we quicken our steps in the Lord. We acknowledge that excerpts of our series will be taken from the book “How You Can Become A Strong Christian,” written by Bishop Dag Heward Mills.
NINE AREAS TO DEVELOP IF YOU WANT TO BE STRONG IN THE LORD
1. To be a strong Christian is to develop a deeper Christian life, Psalm 42:7. To become great, you need to do the things of the great. And so is also the case of becoming a deeper Christian. To develop a deeper Christian life, you need to master everything that concerns the God you serve. You need to live a pure life, fast and pray even at your weakest moments. You need to meditate day and night on the word of God and be able to lay your hands on the sick and heal them of their sicknesses.
2. To be a strong Christian is to become steadfast, 1 Corinthians 15:58.By becoming steadfast means, nothing will draw you away from God, not even life nor death.
3. To be a strong Christian is to become unmovable. When you’re not shaken by any circumstances, challenges or problems set by the enemy, you tend to be feared by him.
4. To be a strong Christian is to become spiritual. 1 Corinthians 3:1. Being spiritual requires that you shy away from the precepts of the world and live by the principles of your father in heaven.
5. To be a strong Christian is to become holy, Hebrews 12:14.
6. To be a strong Christian is to be mature, Ephesians 4:14
7. To be a strong Christian is to be zealously affected always in a good thing. To be strong in the Lord is to be full of zeal, Galatians 4:18.
8. To be a strong Christian is to be fruitful, John 15:16.
9. To be a strong Christian is to be in a state of readiness to meet God at anytime, Amos 4:12. Be ready in season and out of season because you do not know when you’ll die.
SIX REASONS WHY YOU MUST STRENGTHEN YOURSELF
1. Strengthen yourself so that you can overcome the wicked one, 1 John 2:14. When you’re strong, you overcome the devil.
2. You must strengthen yourself in the Lord because the enemy is planning to attack you again. 1 Kings 20:20-22. The enemy just like every hardened criminal doesn’t sleep. He repeatedly seeks moments he can strike the Christian. When you’re not strong in the Lord , you’ll definitely fall prey to the enemy.
3. Strengthen yourself so you can run your race properly, Psalms 19:4-5.
4. Strengthen yourself so that you can withstand in the evil day, Ephesians 6:13.
5. Strengthen yourself so that you can help other people, Romans 15:1.
6. Strengthen yourself because it is a wise thing to be strong, Proverbs 24:5.
Beloved, these are areas we’ll be looking at in our subsequent teachings. We hope that you’ll find these hopeful in your walk with the Lord. Join us same day next week as we fully discuss each area to foster a better understanding of the series. God bless you.
Heavenly Father, we thank you for making us witness a new year. We believe that You making this possible means you’ve in store for us greater treasures, and we’re so much thankful for this privilege. As we start and continue this year to be strong in You, we ask that You strengthen us to always do what’s right before you, in Jesus Christ name. Amen