HOW TO BECOME A MATURE CHRISTIAN
By : Pastor Jerry Panou
Scripture Reference: Ephesians 4:14
Sunday, 29th, January, 2017
After salvation, every Christian begins the process of spiritual growth, with the intent to become spiritually mature. Just as you transcend through the stages of life as human; baby-child-adult, so it is also with your Christian life. You grow from been a baby Christian, to a child Christian then finally a matured Christian. Being a mature Christian is an ongoing process that will never end in this life. You’ll have to continue growing to become like Jesus Christ. Like Paul, we have to press continually toward deeper knowledge of God in Christ (see Philipians 3:12-14).
Christian maturity requires a radical reordering of one’s priorities, changing over from pleasing self to pleasing God and learning to obey God. The key to maturity is consistency, perseverance in doing those things we know will bring us closer to God, not with our own strength though but with the help of the Holy Spirit.
THIRTY QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS FOR MATURE CHRISTIANS
1. Why are Christians different from unbelievers? Titus 2:4.
2. Why do Christians not have close friendships with unbelievers? 2 Corinthians 6:14-15.
3. Why do Christians have to be friendly to unbelievers? Matthew 28:19.
4. Why do Christians not marry unbelievers? 2 Corinthians 6:14-15.
5. Why do Christians not go to beach parties, drink ups, unbeliever parties and night clubs? 1 Corinthians 10:23.
6. Why do Christians not commit fornication? 1 Thessalonians 4:3.
7. Why do Christians not watch photography? 1 Thessalonians 5:22.
8. Why do Christians speak in tongues? 1 Corinthians 14:2, 4.
9. Why do Christians not listen to unbelievers’ music? 1 Samuel 16:15-16.
10. Why do Christians have long, rather than short relationships unto marriage? Ephesians 5:31-32.
11. Why do Christians girls not expose their bodies? 1 Corinthians 13:5.
12. Why do Christian girls not over-emphasize dressing and make-up? 1 Peter 3:3-4.
13. Why do Christian girls look nice? 1 Corinthians 3:16.
14. Why do Christians not steal or cheat in examinations? Ephesians 4:28.
15. Why do Christians not swear, curse, insult or use vulgar words? Ephesians 4:29.
16. Why do Christians tell the truth? Ephesians 4:25.
17. Why do Christians try to remain virgins till they get married? Ephesians 5:3.
18. Why do Christians witness and talk about Jesus Christ? Acts 1:8. Every serious Christian is a soul winner.
19. Why must Christians sacrifice and suffer for Christ? Luke 14:27. Serious Christians support the things of God.
20. Why are Christians happy people who have fun? Romans 14:17.
21. Why must Christians do well in exams? 1 Timothy 3:7.
22. Why must Christian forgive others? Mark 11:25-26.
23. Why must Christians be open to each other? James 5:16.
24. Why do Christians lead a quiet life and mind their own business? 1 Thessalonians 4:11.
25. Why do Christians not stay angry for a long time? Ephesians 4:26.
26. Why do Christians read their Bibles everyday? Matthew 4:4.
27. Why do Christians pray everyday? 1 Thessalonians 5:17.
28. Why do Christians respect prophecies and preaching? 1 Thessalonians 5:19-20.
29. Why do Christians women learn how to cook and do household chores? 1 Timothy 5:14.
30. Why do Christians listen to their pastors? Hebrews 13:17.
Prayer: Heavenly Father, we thank You for your word. Thank you for revealing and making us understand the ways we can become mature Christians. We humbly ask for the presence of the Holy Spirit to help us live our lives in ways that are good in your eyes. In Jesus Christ name, amen.
How To Become A Strong Christian by Bishop Dag Heward-Mills