HOW TO BECOME A HOLY CHRISTIAN
Holiness is of so much importance to God, such that without holiness no man can see God. Without holiness, all your efforts to seek God’s attention cannot materialize. To be holy is to be special. When you decide in your heart to avoid doing what everyone else is doing, it so much proves how special you are in the sight of God. In Leviticus Chapters 17 to 26, for instance, the word “holiness” appears forty-three times. This alone should tell us how important it must be for the Christian to live a holy life. Beloved, no matter the times you fall, you’re admonished to rise up and seek that which is holy.
THE HOLINESS CODE
1. Keep ALL the commandments of God, Leviticus 26:3-4. Your fruitfulness is linked to your holiness.
2. Fear and respect your father and mother. Leviticus 19:3.
3. Do not worship idols of any kind. Leviticus 19:4.
4. Remember the poor in your midst. Maybe, you didn’t know this, but It is a holy life to do good to people. Leviticus 19:10.
5. Do not steal. Leviticus 19:11.
6. Do not tell lies or deceive people. Leviticus 19:11.
7. Do not use God’s name in vain. Even if you’re right, you’re not obliged to swear by God’s name. Leviticus 19:12.
8. Do not cheat someone of his wages nor hold on to it. Don’t deny people of their entitlements when you engage them in a work. Leviticus 19:13.
9. Be kind and generous to the handicapped. Leviticus 19:14. Anybody who does not show mercy to the handicapped does not fear God. Leviticus 19:14.
10. Ensure that there’s justice and fairness to all men no matter how poor or rich they are. Leviticus 19:15.
11. Do not spread rumors or bad stories about people. There’s no human being on earth who does not have a bad story, oftentimes they only hide it. Don’t behave as though you are different. Even when you hear bad stories about people, confront them rather than spread false information about them. Leviticus 19:16.
12. Do not hate your brother in your heart or bear someone a grudge. Leviticus 19:17-18.
13. Do not practise sorcery or divination. Leviticus 19:26, 31.
14. Do not let your daughters become prostitutes and sexually cheap girls. Leviticus 19: Train your daughters to be “ladies.” Leviticus 19:29.
15. Keep the Sabbaths and respect the house of God. Leviticus 19:30.
16. Honor the aged. Leviticus 19:32.
17. Give strangers fair treatment and show them kindness. Leviticus 19:33-34.
18. Do not be a cheat or dupe people in business. Leviticus 19:35-39.
19. Do not give your children over to idols or demons. Leviticus 20:2.
20. Do not make tattoos or marks in your body. Leviticus 19:28.
21. Do not commit adultery. Leviticus 20:10.
22. Do not engage in homosexuality. Leviticus 20:13.
23. Do not have sex with animals. Leviticus 20:15-16.
24. Do not have sex with your sister or step-sister. Leviticus 18:9.
25. Do not have sexual relations with a woman as well as her daughter. Leviticus 18:17.
26. Do not have sexual relations with your grandchild. Leviticus 18:10.
27. Do not have sexual relations with your mother or step-mother. Leviticus 20:11.
28. Do not have sexual relations with your aunty or uncle. Leviticus 18:12-14.
29. Do not have sexual relations with your son’s wife or your son’s life. Leviticus 18:15, 16.
30. Do not have sex with your maid. Leviticus 19:20.
Heavenly Father, we humbly ask that you renew the right spirit in us. Strengthen us to live pure and holy today and every day after, in Jesus Christ name we pray. Amen.
Reference: How To Be A Strong Christian by Bishop Dog Heward-Mills.