By : Prophet Daniel Kwame Dzikpor
Scripture Reference: Ephesians 2:8
Sunday, 18th, June, 2017
Last week we spent time to understand what entails the greater power of God. Today, we continue with its corresponding topic– Greater Grace. Please, be blessed as you read!
Grace is the free unmerited favor of God as manifested in the salvation of man or sinners. Grace again is something we do not qualify for, but it’s given freely by God. It is basically a gift. It does not come as a result of something a person did or in recognition of an accomplishment or milestone. So, unlike a birthday or Christmas gift that one receives in recognition of an event, grace is given to us by God for no reason. All of us are recipients of the grace of God regardless of how “good” or “bad” we are. It is by grace that, for instance, we’re not consumed by the enemy.
Grace is also that blessing that we do not deserve yet it is given freely to us by God. And it is this same grace that sanctifies, justifies and eventually glorifies us in heaven.
WHAT THE GRACE OF GOD DOES FOR US.
1. We’re saved by the grace of God. God’s grace offers salvation to the lost. Ephesians 2:8.
2. By the grace of God, we’re not condemned but accepted in Christ Jesus.
3. By the grace of God, we become partakers of God’s blessings. It’s God’s grace that gives us access to His unending blessings. 1 Corinthians 10:30.
4. By the grace of God, we labor in His vineyard; we’re able to do the work of God with ease. 1 Corinthians 15:10.
5. By the grace of God we build. 1 Corinthians 3:10.
6. By the grace of God, we’re expected to serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear. Hebrews 12:28.
7. By the grace of God, we walk in holiness and uprightness. Hebrews 12:15. The greater grace of God to empower you to live for Him.
HOW TO GROW IN GRACE
1. You grow in the grace of God by reading His word and letting it dwell richly in you.
2. You spend time in prayer, by communicating with God on a daily basis. Talk to Him about all your challenges and weaknesses. He is faithful and just to not to turn away from you.
God in fact uses these actions to cause us to be spiritually disciplined.
God has given all of us grace but it is up to us, the believers, to make that grace manifest in our lives. The grace of God is meant for us to grow in Him day by day, longing for His presence and willing to do His will. For us to build anything worthwhile in the world, it is the grace of God that we need.
Heavenly Father we thank You for your grace that is at work in our lives. But for Your grace, we’d have consumed by the enemy. We can’t thank You enough for this but we pray that Your grace never ceaseth working in our lives, in Jesus Christ name. Amen.