WHERE ARE THOU? RISE UP
Many times, we start of our Christian life with much zealousness and the strong will to never falter in our walk with God. However, as time passes by, we tend to quench this same zeal that we have. We (un)consciously live by the dictates of the world, forgetting our true identity as Christians. We soon forget that we’re a unique people, created special and royals. The enemy knowing how we have fallen then engineers his plans towards our lives, and we’re hit by challenges after challenges. But is that how we’d want to live our lives as Christians? Why would we want to kowtow to the things of the world and pay deaf ears to the things of the spirit? We’ve been hiding for long and as a matter of urgency we need to rise up to our true calling. We need to put on our true identity and live for God as He wants us to.
AREAS TO RISE UP AS A CHRISTIAN
1. Prayer life- You must always pray so you do not fall into temptations because the enemy himself is not resting. He seeks whom he will destroy day and night. Men ought always to pray and not faint.. Until men pray nothing happens. Prayer is the only means you engage the hand of God upon your life. Prayer gives confidence. Prayer changes your life; it changes your breath and changes everything about you.
Where are thou in your prayer life? Rise up! Luke 18:1, Ephesians 6:18, Jude 20
2. Word life- Everything we see in this world came into being by the word of God. So that means everything that would come into our life will also come from the word of God. God’s word is all we need to grow/succeed in this world. What you can do as a Christian has a direct relationship with the amount of God’s word you carry in you. Spend time with God by reading His word every day. 2 Timothy 4:13, Hebrews 4:12
3. Your fasting life- There are some situations in our life that require fasting and prayers before they change. Fasting makes us stronger in our spiritual lives. It makes us humble and it opens up our spirit as well.
4. Holiness and Purity- If you want to experience the power of God in your life then be holy. For the Bible says without holiness we cannot see God. 1 Timothy 4:7, 1 Peter 1:16, 2 Peter 2:9 Hebrews 12:14
5. Evangelism lifestyle- Your personal life itself is an evangelism on the move, so make sure you live it well because people are watching you. Make it a point also to talk to people about Christ in your house, workplace, markets, etc.
6. Your giving lifestyle: Give so you receive in the same measure. Our God is a giver that He gave His only begotten son to die and save us from our sins. If you want God’s goodness to continue to manifest in your life, don’t hold back anytime you get the opportunity to give.
7. Your tithing life- How faithful are you in your tithing life? Do you pay your tithe the same way as you receive?
Some have been robbed off God’s blessings because of their unfaithfulness in the area of tithing.
Do not allow the enemy to deceive you to not see the relevance of paying Tithe. Malachi 3:10.
8. Your thought life: You become what you think of so make sure your mind is always filled with the right things. Do not harbor negativities in your mind as they affect the way you’ll live your life. If you want to be successful, think always as successful people do
9. Communication lifestyle: Let your communication with others reveal the salvation of our Lord Jesus Christ; to win others into the kingdom of God. Let your tongue be seasoned with salt. Philippians 1:27.
We need to rise up to our calling and work on our attitudes in our walk with God. It isn’t late to take on our truest identity as Christians.
Dear God! I thank You for this word at this time. I ask you that, Lord, You strengthen me and cause a remembrance of the ways I am to live my life as a Christian. Direct my path and cause your grace to always fall on me. In Jesus Christ name I’ve prayed. Amen