EVANGELISM MADE EASY
How do you feel when someone you’re closer to passes on with you knowing that he/she hasn’t accepted Jesus Christ as His Lord and personal savior? How would you feel when you wake up from a dream that revealed someone you loved so much ending up in hell, as a result of your inability to witness Christ to him/her? Again, how would you feel if God should come right now with many joyfully walking up in heaven but you do not? These are personal questions that demand personal answers, so I leave you to ponder over them. As a matter of fact, it’ll be a great disservice if I don’t remind you of our great commission, after putting you in such a solemn mood. Beloved, Jesus in Matthew 28:19-20 admonishes us to preach the gospel of salvation to ALL nations.
In such regard, let’s learn a few things about evangelism:
5 IMPORTANT POINTS EVERY BELIEVER MUST KNOW ABOUT EVANGELISM
1. Jesus wants everyone to hear about the good news of salvation, Mark 16:15-16. In heaven, the only thing to get us a crown is the number of souls we won whilst on earth. It’s a complete failure to go to heaven and not receive a crown.
2. God has provided the gospel as His power to save all who believed, Romans 1:16-17. Churches however have swayed from preaching the gospel of salvation to preaching prosperity messages.
3. Jesus expects that we first reach out to our immediate environment before we go out to preach to others. Acts 1:7-8
4. In the Bible, anybody who truly encountered Jesus preached about Him to others. Every good news is worth sharing. So if you believe in the salvation of Jesus Christ, why then keep it away from others?
5. Evangelism will speed up the second coming of Jesus Christ, Matthew 24:14. Therefore if we want Jesus to come quickly then let’s share the gospel to all nations.
HOW TO EVANGELIZE
1. Be sure and convinced about your own encounter with Jesus, 1 Timothy 1:15-18. Until you’ve a story to tell about your encounter with Jesus, you don’t have a gospel to preach.
2. Make every effort to live your life as a Christian. People will not do what you tell them but what they see you do, Acts 1:19-26; 1 Timothy 3:1-16.
3. Desire and be determined to share your experience with others by making a list of all the people and places you want to reach out to; consciously and deliberately showing these people love; committing them to prayer so that God will touch their hearts, the Holy Spirit will convict their spirits; preaching the word to them using the scriptures John 3:16 and Romans 10:9-10; and finally inviting them to church so they can be nurtured, Hebrews 10:25; Romans 10:17.
Beloved, I want you to understand that your lifestyle is more important than the scriptures you know, than the demons you can cast out; and than the role you play in church. The easiest way to reach out to people is to live a genuine way of life- one that speaks righteousness, holiness and purity.You’ve been selfish and wicked enough by withholding the gospel from others. Wake up now, live a pure life and get many others to Christ.