The Wonders of The Cross
By : Pastor Jerry Panou
Scripture Reference: 1 Peter 2:11-25
Sunday, 1st, April, 2018
Around this time every year, Christians all over the world celebrate this day to commemorate the death of our Lord and personal savior, Jesus Christ on the cross. The cross of Jesus Christ is so powerful that there are no words enough to describe it. Today we spend some time to look at how certain things the cross stands for.
THIRTEEN THINGS THE CROSS STANDS FOR
- The cross stands for the love of God. There’s love flowing from God towards you, and that love flows through the cross. So when you see the cross know that it is God’s love flowing towards you. John 3:16
- The cross stands for the humility of God. Philippians 2:8
- The cross stands for the humiliation of God. Jesus Christ was humiliated on the cross just so you and I might live. The least you can do for God is live for Him. Whenever sin is dragging you open your eyes and look on the cross. Philippians 2:6-8.
- The cross stands for redemption. Galatians 3:13, Revelations 5:9
- The cross stands for healing. When you believe in the cross and the power of Jesus Christ, you’ll be healed. Isaiah 63:5, 1 Peter 2:24
- The cross stands for the foolishness of the devil. The devil wouldn’t have killed Jesus if he knew His death will bring salvation to mankind. 1 Corinthians 2:6-10
- The cross stands for the defeat of the devil. Colossians 2:15
- The cross stands for the shame of the devil. The death of Jesus comes to shame the devil. The devil before Jesus’s death thinks he wields so much power that he can manipulate always the affairs of men. But the death of Jesus debunks this.
- The cross stands for the forgiveness of sins. If you agree that you’re a sinner because Adam, the first man, sinned then you should also believe that your sins can be forgiven because of the power of the cross. No man can forgive you your sins no matter how powerful he is but Jesus Christ can so believe in Him. John 1:29, Hebrews 10:12-14
- The cross stands for salvation. When you see the cross know that salvation has come to mankind. 1 Corinthians 1:18, 1 John 5:11-12, Ephesians 2:16, 1 Timothy 1:8-10.
- The cross stands for dominion. The cross of Jesus restores that dominion we lost due to the fall of Adam. Before the death of Christ the devil ruled the world but that rulership has been restored to man. Revelation 5:10, Romans 5:17.
- When you see the cross you see peace. Colossians 1:20.
- The cross is the solution to all problems. 1 John 5:4-12
THREE THINGS THAT THE CROSS DOESN’T STAND FOR
- The cross doesn’t stand for enjoyment and fun. The death of Jesus isn’t a time to go clubbing and revel in things that bring enjoyment. Galatians 5:15
- The cross does not stand for the righteous. Matthew 2:7
- The cross is not a permission for the saved to continue to live in sin. Romans 6:1-6.
Prayer: Heavenly Father, I thank You this day for sending Your son to come and die to save me from my sins. I pray to ask that You cleanse me from every unrighteousness and make me one of Your own, in Jesus name. Amenk/