Moab hath been at ease from his youth, and he hath settled on his lees, and hath not been emptied from vessel to vessel, neither hath he gone into captivity: therefore his taste remained in him, and his scent is not changed.
To settle on your lees means you’re comfortable with your status; unperturbed about your current situation; don’t feel any sense of reason to rise up. However, whether we like it or not, we’re getting older as the days pass by. The devil is mission oriented, so Christians must also be on guard to run about the Father’s business. If you don’t wake up now, your taste will remain in you.
WHY PEOPLE RELAX.
1. Laziness, Proverbs 6:6, Proverbs 22:29, Ecclesiastes 11:4.
2. Putting their trust in men, Psalm 75:6.
3. Lack of prayer life.
4. Lack of the word of God.
5. Wrong investment of their time.
7. Lack of education; some people allow themselves to be limited by the education they’ve not attained, Acts 10:34-35.
8. Friends/Companions, 1 Corinthians.
9. Limitations/Walls/Barriers- barriers that have not been broken in our minds, and families, communities, nations, etc John 8:36.
10. Self-experience- reliance on what has been done in the past, Luke 5:5
HOW DO WE RISE?
1. By becoming extraordinary
2. Putting in more effort, 2 Corinthians 9:6
3. Making our way to the top, Proverbs 14:23
4. Study to be quiet and work with your own hands, 1 Thessalonians 4:11, 1 Peter 2:21, John 9:4
Beloved, nothing is a substitute for hardwork; everyone determines his lots. It’s either you’re working or playing but be admonished to rise up on your feet and let your ‘taste’ out of you.